Thursday, December 30, 2010

Way to Gogh!

I'm done! I'm finished with my Kid Van Gogh print and I'm very happy with it. It was made from digital scratch, using my new drawing tablet. It was a new experience for me and, I gotta say, I liked it! It cannot compare to actually drawing on paper with a pen/pencil, but its working for me juuust right!

Kid Van Gogh was inspired by this self portrait on the right. I love the angles in his face and tried to conserve them as I worked on my drawing. It was hard for me to do, at first, but once I got the hang of the pen and tablet, the rest of the line work went smoothly! I really enjoyed this process because of the detailed, tiny, lines you can add using the pen. I lose a lot of that line work when I draw and scan my work to digitally color it Photoshop. Problem solved!



Here's Kid Van Gogh, the Minerva version...

No comments:

Post a Comment